Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sign Post

There's this sign post in the road.
My glasses are fogged up so that I can't read it clearly.
I think that it says STOP
but by the time I make out the third letter, I have forgotten the first two , have passed it and almost gone off the road.
In a few minutes, there is another sign post. It says basically the same thing . At least the letters seem shaped the same way , there seems to be as many as before , but the sun gets in my eyes and so I miss its meaning again.
Maybe it says Stop or maybe it says Enough ,Quiet, or Remember. I don't know and its beginning to bother me because it keeps popping up every few miles. Maybe its not there, maybe I just wish that it was,a directional to life's behavior.I want to stop the vehicle so that I can not only check the water and oil levels but also write down what it says and tuck it in my pocket.
I would begin the message with these words : Thus saith the Lord.
But then I might tear it up because, what if thus doesn't saith the Lord? What if saith thou only me? I'm thinking that if it is not tainted with a particular agenda and smells really fresh it must be from God. I need that right now. A freshening.
Here comes the sign again...
L
I
S
T
E
N

No comments: